General Terms and Conditions and Important Information
Parts and Accessories
Please see our standards terms and conditions for purchasing parts and accessories:
Contract Creation and Electronic Contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are set out below:
- You place the Order for your Goods on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
- We may send you an order acknowledgement email as soon as you place your order, and you will receive an order confirmation email detailing the Goods you have ordered. These emails do not constitute acceptance of your Order.
- For items being delivered to you (as opposed to click & collect), when your product is shipped from our premises, we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Goods ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your Order.
- For most Goods sent directly from our premises, your credit/debit card will be charged when your Order is placed.
- If the Goods are being delivered direct to you from a supplier, for instance in the case of larger products, you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your Order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to supplier and the product you're ordering.
Non-acceptance of an Order by us may be a result of one of the following:
- The Goods you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- If you are placing an order for an item that by law is age-restricted, then by clicking the order confirm button you are also confirming to us that you are of at least the legal age required to purchase the product. By clicking the order confirm button, you further acknowledge and consent to us taking steps to verify your age by reference to publicly-available third-party sources. We reserve the right not to supply any age-restricted product where we reasonably believe that you are below the relevant minimum age.
- All age-restricted goods must be received by a person who is at least 18 years old at the time of delivery or click & collect handover. We require this regardless of the relevant age limit for the age-restricted product.
- We reserve the right to request proof of age identification from you if your order contains age-restricted goods, and we are unsure that you are at least 18 years old at the point of delivery or at the point of click & collect handover. For the delivery or handover of all age-restricted goods, we operate on a Challenge 25 basis, which means that if we think you look under the age of 25, we will ask you to show us proof of age identification. If you are asked for proof of age identification and are unable to provide us with any, we reserve the right to withhold the delivery or click & collect the Order.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of a given item that can be bought by an individual customer should we deem it appropriate. We also reserve the right to suspend your account and any associated accounts and contact you if we notice an unusual pattern of returns activity or there is other suspicious activity associated with your account or any associated accounts. In the event that this happens you will receive an email not notify you of this
- Should we have taken payment prior to non-acceptance of your Order then we will refund you, but please note that it can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you.
Parts and Accessories
We will transfer to you the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer. For added peace of mind you get a FREE warranty of up to 12 months with certain parts and accessories bought from us via the website or over the phone. Different warranties apply to different products and the item specific warranty will be detailed with each individual product in the Goods Description.
Orders not Received – Notification Period
You must notify us within 30 days of despatch if you have not received your goods. Please contact us within this period of time in order for us to be able to assist and resolve your query.
How do I return an Item?
We hope you will be very happy with your new purchase. However, if for any reason you need to return an item, please contact us using the contact details on the website or on your Order, we are on hand to help with anything. Full details of the process for returns and cancellation are included in our standard terms and conditions of sale for parts and accessories – brief details are set out below:
If any Goods are returned for any reason in opened packaging or in a used condition we are entitled to deduct a fair and reasonable amount to reflect the condition of the returned Goods and you will receive only a partial refund or no refund at all.
Can I return an Item?
If you are dealing as a consumer, yes you can return an item and cancel the Order as long as it’s in an unopened, unused condition and the Goods have not been built to, adapted or converted to your specification. If you wish to exercise this right, please inform us by email or letter within 14 working days of the date of delivery.
When you receive your Goods we always recommend that you check your existing part or accessory before opening your new product to ensure you have the correct fitment. If you have ordered the incorrect part or accessory for your vehicle, you can return it to us within 14 working days of the date of delivery as long as it’s in an unopened, unused condition and the Goods have not been built to, adapted or converted to your specification.
If you wish to claim for damage or shortfalls in the delivery or that the Goods do not materially comply with their description, then you must advise the Seller in writing within 14 days of delivery.
Can I exchange an item?
Yes, if the item is returned to us in an unopened, unused condition and the Goods have not been built to, adapted or converted to your specification we will happily exchange the item. Once we receive the original item back we will dispatch the exchange item the same working day.
Will my postage cost be refunded?
We will only refund your postage costs if you return the Goods to us because of an error on our part. Upon receipt of the returned item we will refund reasonable postage costs.
PLEASE NOTE: when returning an item from overseas please ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly, stating the item is a return. If this information is missing, we may incur customs charges so unfortunately we will have to refuse the return of the item.
Legal use - the goods, parts and accessories offered by us are only intended for use in a legal manner. It is the sole responsibility of you (and not us) to ascertain and obey all laws which apply to the possession and use of any item from us. You are advised to consult all relevant national laws and regulations before placing an Order. By placing an Order, you represent that you are of legal age and that the products ordered will only be used in a lawful manner. You agree that you will not use or allow others to use any item from us illegally. You further agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for claims, actions, and legal and/or court fees brought against us in connection with any use of items delivered.
High Wattage Bulbs and LEDs - if you use your vehicle for off road, display or racing purposes, higher wattage bulbs and LEDs are available for sale:
- LED bulbs are not road legal as they cannot be E-marked however, this does not apply if your vehicle has LEDs fitted by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Higher wattage bulbs are not road legal.
- LED bulbs and high wattage bulbs are sold solely for off-road use only.
In addition, care should always be exercised when increasing power consumption with 100w bulbs, as most vehicles are fitted with 55w bulbs as standard.
Goods fit and sufficient for intended use - it is the sole responsibility of you (and not us) to ascertain and determine the appropriateness of the Goods for your required use, including without limitation their application for your specific vehicle, based on the information provided on the website or marketplace listing at the time you place your Order. By placing an Order you acknowledge and represent that you have determined that the Goods will meet your requirements, your vehicle and your intended use.
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions;
"Goods" means the vehicle, parts or accessories displayed for sale on this website and stated in the Order;
"Goods’ Description" means that part of the website where certain terms and conditions in respect of individual Goods are provided;
"Order" means the order agreed between you and us;
"Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the Goods’ Description;
"We/us" means Vertu Motors plc (company number 05984855) or one of its group or affiliate companies whose registered office is at Vertu House, Fifth Avenue Business Park, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0XA; and
"You" means a user of this website.
International Special Terms and Conditions
These additional terms and conditions will apply to all orders for Goods which are being delivered outside of the UK.
"EU" means any country or territory in the fiscal (VAT) area of the European Community for the avoidance of doubt excluding the UK.
"Non - EU Countries" means Switzerland, Norway and any other country or territory not within the fiscal (VAT) area of the European Community.
Payment and VAT
We currently only accept payment in Pound sterling, Euro, Australian Dollar, United States Dollar and Canadian Dollar. We are unable to offer the option to pay in any other local currency. International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate; if payment is made in a currency not issued as standard by the bank, they may add an additional processing or administration charge which the cardholder will be liable to pay.
Our delivery charge will be itemised as ‘delivery’ on the delivery and order confirmation pages of the website and in emails from us, after the subtotal for the value of the Goods purchased.
The total price you pay to us for the Goods is always the same.
VAT (or its equivalent tax) will depend on the country of delivery and will be applied as follows:
Australia - The price includes Australian GST unless otherwise stated but excludes any other local taxes or customs charges or import duties that may apply. Any such charges will be your responsibility and will not be paid by the Seller.
EU - The price includes VAT in the destination EU country unless otherwise stated but excludes any other local taxes or customs charges or import duties that may apply. Any such charges will be your responsibility and will not be paid by the Seller.
UK - The price includes UK VAT.
All Other Countries - The Goods and the delivery service will normally be zero-rated i.e. not subject to VAT (or its equivalent tax). However, the price paid by you for the Goods and/or the delivery service will remain the same but excludes any other local taxes or customs charges or import duties that may apply. Any such charges will be your responsibility and will not be paid by the Seller. As no VAT (or its equivalent tax) has been charged there is no tax to re-claim from us.
Import Duty and Tax Payments and Customs
Goods delivered to destinations outside the UK may be subject to taxes, fees, customs duty, levies or other charges once the Goods reach your country as a result of local legislation or customs formalities. The recipient of the Goods is responsible for all customs formalities for the import of the Goods and will be required to pay any additional charges for international delivery, including import duty, formal customs entry, taxes, levies and other charges that may be levied out-side the UK. The recipient of the Goods, not the person placing the order, will typically receive a separate request for payment of these charges when the goods arrive in the country of destination. If you are ordering Goods to be delivered to someone else, please ensure they are aware that they will be responsible for these additional charges.
Please note that in some countries, such as the USA and Canada, the person ordering Goods may receive a request for payment of these charges, in which case you will be responsible for paying these additional charges. Payment by you or the recipient (as applicable) must be received by the relevant customs authority before delivery of the Goods will be made.
Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be, so we are unable to offer any assistance on these processes. We advise that you check the import charges applicable in any country outside the UK before ordering Goods to be delivered there.
You (or the recipient of the Goods if different) will be the importer for all deliveries of the Goods outside the UK. Therefore, before placing an Order, it is your responsibility to check that any Goods ordered comply with country, state and/or federal government import regulations, and that there are no local requirements or restrictions which may affect receipt of your Order.
You agree that we will act on your behalf as exporter of the Goods and will complete export declarations in our own name on your behalf.
Deliveries of Goods to destinations outside the UK may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities. We advise that you check any customs formalities in any country outside the UK before ordering Goods to be delivered there. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with information which we hold which relates to the Goods or order which you may need in order to arrange customs clearance however you must meet any additional charges for customs clearance.
Where possible, we or our subcontractors, will carry out all customs formalities on behalf of the recipient of the Goods. We or our subcontractors, will request payment for these charges from the recipient of the Goods in a separate invoice. We may also request information from you in relation to customs formalities. You must respond to any request for information within 5 days of the request, or the order will be cancelled, and the Goods returned to our warehouse.
If an Order is placed and restrictions that we were not aware of at the time the Order was made are applied by the customs authority of the destination country, then we will cancel the Order and return payment to you.
If the recipient wishes to return the Goods, they must request a refund of the customs duties and any tax directly with their local customs office and must present proof of return.
International Delivery Charges and VAT
The website will confirm our charge to deliver your Goods to an international address before you place your Order for the international delivery service.
The total price you pay us for the delivery services is always the same, regardless of whether or not UK VAT or an equivalent tax in your country is chargeable on the delivery service.
Applicable tax applying to delivery charges will depend on the country of delivery and will apply in accordance with the above paragraph (Payment and VAT).